LAS VEGAS, Nev.
Alizé at the Top of the Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas
The International Specialty Tea Association (ISTA), along with tea luminaries who support the development of specialty standards, will be recognized at a spectacular multi-course dinner pairing French cuisine with exquisite teas. Barbara Fairchild, former editor-in-chief, Bon Appétit will emcee the exclusive seven-course feast June 16 at Alizé at the Top of the Palms Casino Resort, 56 stories above the Las Vegas strip.
Executive Chef Mark Purdy and his team partnered with Seven Cups Fine Teas, a top tea purveyor, to create this one-night-only experience. Purdy has prepared a gourmet French cuisine paired with the delicate flavors of teas.
“We have never done something like this but the response has been overwhelming,” says Purdy. “To create this menu, we tasted the teas first. Once we understood the complexity of the flavors, that was when the chemistry happened.”
The non-profit ISTA has proposed standards comparable to the D.O.C.G. Italian wine control system to define the quality and purity of tea. In addition to hosting the event, Fairchild will present awards to people in the tea industry who have contributed to the establishment of standards during the past year. Dignitaries coming from as far away as China and India receive awards. The event coincides with the 2016 World Tea Expo in Las Vegas which takes place June 13-17.
Click here book reservations for this special dinner. The VIP cocktail reception begins at 6 p.m., followed by the reception and amuse bouche at 6:30 p.m. Dinner begins at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $225 per person.
The menu for the multi-course menu will include:
Amuse Bouche: Jin Guan Yin Anxi Wulong Tea
- Chilled cucumber soup with cucumber terrine, carrots, pecans and dill
- Calvisius Caviar with toasted brioche panna cotta and dill
First course: Lao Shu Hong Cha Old Tree Yunnan Black Tea
- Angus beef Carpaccio with quail egg yolk, parmesan cheese, mustard sauce, pickled vegetables and beef tartar
- Marinated heirloom tomatoes with rhubarb, pearl onions, sunflower shoots, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese
Second course: Bai Long Xu “White Dragon Whisker” Sheng Puer Tea
- Foie gras terrine with smoked duck and artichoke crepe, orange marmalade, candied pecans and basil
- Market green torchon, cucumber and herbs with white balsamic vinaigrette
Third course: Ming Qian Anji Bai Cha Green Tea
- ‘Nduja crusted scallop, butternut squash and roasted parsnip hash and an orange-amaretto veloute
- Braised white asparagus, lemon-poppy crescenza cheese, toasted almonds and parsley oil
Fourth course: Que She “Sparrow’s Tongue” Wuyi Rock Wulong Tea
- Tea Smoked duck breast, sautéed foie gras, gai-lan, crispy soba noodle cake, ginger confit and duck jus
- Roasted Abalone Mushroom, garlic pastina galette, mango confiture and tamarind glaze
Fifth course: Junshan Yinzhen Yellow Tea
- Veal Wellington with smoked prosciutto, mushroom duxelles, asparagus and truffle shallot jus
- Crispy Indonesian Samosa with pickled cucumbers, tomato reduction and red peppers
Cheese course: Wang Zhe Zhi Xiang “Emperor’s Orchid” Flower Scented Tea
- Tête de Moine with fennel marmalade, white balsamic vinegar and zucchini date bread
- Apricot-Almond Torchon with port poached prunes, candied pistachios and rosemary raisin crisp
Seventh course: Yin Hao Long Zhu “Silver Dragon Jasmine Pearls” Flower Scented Tea
- Myer lemon cheesecake, graham cracker crisp and blood orange sauce
- Chocolate Soufflé with chocolate sauce