No flavor defines autumn quite like pumpkin spice. Here are three ways to enjoy autumn’s signature blend at home.
Teeccino Pumpkin Spice Latte
Teeccino created its Pumpkin Spice Chicory Roasted Herbal Tea in response customers’ requests for a pumpkin spice blend. The drink gets positive reviews every year. It is made of organic roasted carob, organic barley and chicory, dates, almonds, natural pumpkin spice flavor, organic cinnamon, nutmeg and organic ginger cloves.
To complement the herbal beverage, Teecino now offers its recipe for Pumpkin Spice Creamer that can easily be made at home. The combination of the two creates an exquisite Pumpkin Spice Herbal Tea Latte.
Teeccino Pumpkin Spice Chicory Roasted Herbal Tea can be purchased on the company’s website, and its Pumpkin Spice Creamer recipe is below.
Use either regular milk or a non-dairy milk like Califia Almond Milk, unsweetened. Almond milk adds a nice nutty flavor that compliments pumpkin spice.
- 2 cups milk / almond milk
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin purée
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend (Recommended: Frontier’s Organic Pumpkin Spice blend)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (Add if you want more cinnamon flavor)
- Optional: ½ tsp turmeric powder for color and antioxidants!
- Begin by adding the pumpkin purée and the maple syrup to a pot.
- Whisk the ingredients together while you pour in the milk.
- Add the spices and whisk well to incorporate.
- Heat the mixture on the stove until hot.
- Froth using an electric hand mixer. Almond milk with pumpkin in it won’t froth up quite as much as regular milk but it still produces a lovely foamy effect.
- Choose a festive mug. Fill it half full with brewed Teeccino Pumpkin Spice. Fill the rest of the mug with the frothed pumpkin creamer.
- For an extra treat, top with whipped cream.
Numi Organic Tea’s Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Numi Organic Tea’s Turmeric Chai Golden Latte contains Fair Trade Certified organic turmeric along with spices such as: organic cinnamon, organic ginger, organic cardamom, organic nutmeg, organic licorice root and organic black pepper.
This Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe incorporates the Turmeric Chai Golden Latte to produce a sweet seasonal treat.
- 1 cup whole milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Chai Golden Latte by Numi
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- Combine 1 cup of whole milk (or a non-dairy alternative) along with ¼ cup pumpkin puree in a small pot. Warm over a medium-high heat, whisking until combined.
- Whisk in a teaspoon of the Turmeric Chai Golden Latte by Numi, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice seasoning, and 4 teaspoons of sugar. This latte is on the sweeter side.
- Pour the latte into two heat-proof mugs, top with whipped cream and caramel, or not.
Republic of Tea Offers Harvest Stackable Tea Tin
For those who prefer to just put a tea bag into a cup to get their pumpkin spice fix, Republic of Tea offers its Pumpkin Spice Black Tea Bags. Each bag is filled with a blend of black tea, ginger, cinnamon, natural ginger, and pumpkin flavors, sweet blackberry leaves, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
The company describes the tea as, “Rich and full-bodied… flavorful with zesty spice notes enveloping a sweet pumpkin core.”
The Harvest Stackable Tea Tin set rounds out the flavors of autumn with its Hibiscus Cranberry Herb Tea and Hot Apple Cider Herb Tea. Each tin contains 12 round tea bags.