Tea Council of the USA Launches Third Annual Photo Sharing Sweepstakes to Celebrate Hot Tea Month
NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — There is always time for tea – and with over 159 million Americans sipping it on any given day, The Tea Council of the USA is kicking off their third annual #IndividualiTEA Photo Sharing Sweepstakes to learn more about the stories of tea lovers across the nation. Every blend of tea provides a unique flavor and personality, and when it comes to tea time, the possibiliTEAS are endless. You might start your chilly winter morning with a rejuvenating cup of tea, think outside the teacup and cook using tea as an ingredient, give your hot toddy a twisted tea addition or sip soothing tea to unwind after a long day. For a chance to win $500 and a year’s supply of tea, simply brew up a cup of black, green, white, dark or oolong tea and share your photo, video or description on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #IndividualiTEA and tag @TeaCouncil.
That’s right – it’s as easy as showing your delicious creations or telling your tasty tales! The #IndividualiTEA sweepstakes runs through January 31, 2019, timed perfectly to celebrate America’s fourth annual National Hot Tea Day on January 12, 2019. So, America, are you ready to share your #IndividualiTEA?
Black, green, white, dark and oolong teas all stem from the same plant, a warm-weather evergreen named Camellia sinensis. From their health benefits and cultural origins, to their diverse flavors and calming qualities, there are countless reasons to give your taste buds a treat with a cup of tea.
Need even more inspiration? There are over 24 million ways to make tea, depending on tea type, brew time, choice of spices or sweeteners, milk preference, temperature and more! In the United States, black is the most popular type of tea, making up over 80% consumed, with green tea coming in second. So, before you brew up a cuppa, here are 10 ideas to help you turn a new (tea) leaf and embrace your #IndividualiTEA:
- Pair hot black tea, the tea of the masses, with spicy jerk chicken, duck tacos, lasagna or creamy dark chocolate mousse.
- Enjoy a warm mug of green tea, the tea of well-being, with lemon ginger shrimp, arugula and cucumber salad or white chocolate soufflé.
- Complement herb-crusted salmon and sautéed green beans with a cup of white tea, the tea of delicacy.
- Pair oolong tea, the tea of an artisan, with lobster, smoked cheese or French toast topped with maple syrup.
- Cook with tea! Shake up your palate and flavor traditional stir-fry with tea for a marinade that packs a punch.
- Give hot tea with cacao a go for a sweeter steep to curl up with by the fire.
- Add tea leaves to cookie dough before baking for a unique take on chocolate chip cookies.
- Host a tea tasting par-TEA and learn how to identify teas from around the world, gaining an understanding of differences from origin to your cup.
- Blend tea leaves with pink sea salt for a tea-infused seasoning.
- Cure your Monday blues with a cup of hot tea. Studies have shown that drinking tea may improve mental clarity and mood.
“We’re delighted to announce the third annual #IndividualiTEA sweepstakes to inspire and encourage consumers to share the unique ways they enjoy hot tea. With tea being the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to water, we look forward to seeing tea enthusiasts show their love for their favorite beverage leading up to Hot Tea Month and Day in January,” says Peter Goggi, President of the Tea Council of the USA.
Visit the Tea Council of the USA or follow @TeaCouncil on Instagram and Twitter to learn more about the many unique characteristics of tea.
IndividualiTEA Photo Sharing Sweepstakes Details
- Share a photo, video or explanation of the unique ways, times, and places you like to cook with or sip your favorite tea (it can be as unique as you’d like!) on https://bit.ly/2JXRs9j and on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #IndividualiTEA and tag @TeaCouncil.
- You’ll be prompted to finalize your entry for a chance to win at https://bit.ly/2JXRs9j
A copy of the official rules can be found here. Enter as many times as you’d like and don’t forget to tag and tell your friends. We can’t wait to hear your tea stories!
About the Tea Council of the USA:
The Tea Council of the USA is a non-profit association that was formed in 1950 as a joint partnership between tea packers, importers and allied industries within the United States, and the major tea producing countries. It functions as the promotional arm of the tea industry with a primary goal of increasing overall awareness of tea by providing information about its many positive attributes. One of the Council’s primary objectives is the dissemination of key scientific findings about tea to the public. The Tea Council does this in several ways including: funding scientific meetings to bring tea researchers from around the world together to share key information and identify next steps for future research projects; and working with health organizations and international scientists to disseminate information about potential positive health effects of tea consumption on a public level.
Media Contact: Christina Deecken, email@example.com, 212-941-1414
SOURCE: The Tea Council of the USA
Related Link: http://www.teausa.org