Penton’s 2016 World Tea Expo brings together top professionals from the global tea community and vertical markets to interact with 200 tea companies and allied businesses exhibiting hundreds of new products and presenting more than 50 educational sessions.
The Expo (#WorldTeaExpo or #WTE16) takes place June 15–17 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. (with a pre-conference program June 13–14). Registration information and conference details are available at WorldTeaExpo.com.
Tea’s “Ultimate Trade Forum”
World Tea Expo Advisory Board Member and presenter Brian Keating, principal of Sage Group Networks LLC, in Seattle, Wash. and Boulder, Colo., said, “World Tea Expo remains the ultimate trade forum for a burgeoning global specialty tea industry and key vertical markets. Besides hundreds of exhibit booths showcasing the latest teas and accessories, the annual World Tea Awards will once again shine the spotlight on tea industry innovation.” Keating, who is presenting in two sessions at World Tea Expo 2016, added, “There is simply no other venue where ‘all things tea’ are showcased in such a dynamic, accessible environment. With Penton now onboard, World Tea Expo is reaching new heights in in excellence and service.”
Rona Tison, Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations, for the New York-based ITO EN (North America) INC., a 2016 World Tea Expo exhibitor and sponsor, said, “We are excited to see the new energy that Penton has given to the World Tea Expo. Having been a part of the show since its inception, it has truly evolved into a multi-dimensional show with unparalleled tea education and innovative tea trends. With the exponential interest in tea today, World Tea Expo has become the leading marketplace.”
“Tea Is in a Strong Position”
Looking at the overall tea category, World Tea Expo 2016 presenter and attendee Howard Telford, senior beverages analyst with Euromonitor International in London, England, noted tea is in a strong position. “In both established tea markets and developing regions for tea, consumers are seeking out premium options… highly dedicated consumers are seeking education and brand stories with regard to the different varieties of tea, their provenance and proper brewing techniques. This has driven a growing unit price for the tea category as a whole. But even in the broader, mass market beverage universe, consumers are seeking premium RTD teas as a healthier alternative to other beverages.”
Learn How to Profit from Tea
Donna Fellman, a well-respected tea expert, educator and program director of World Tea Academy, part of Penton’s World Tea brand that also includes World Tea Expo, World Tea News and the North American Tea Championship, said, “World Tea Expo is all about helping businesses become successful and profitable through tea. Attendees will visit more than 200 high-quality tea suppliers and related vendors exhibiting their new products and innovations on the expo floor. They can identify potential tea brands to sell, study first-hand the New Product winners for 2016 [which will be announced at the expo], and see and taste specialty teas – hot teas, iced teas, ready-to-drink teas, loose-leaf teas and packaged teas. They can check out trends and demonstrations using tea in beverages, foods and more. Plus they can meet with and learn from tea industry professionals and the best tea companies. In addition to the exhibit hall, World Tea Expo’s comprehensive education program is designed to meet the specific needs of retailers, distributors, developers and others who have varying levels of experience.”
World Tea Awards – The Finalists
One of the many highlights at World Tea Expo is the World Tea Awards. Now in its third year, the World Tea Awards program celebrates the best and the brightest in the tea industry, covering a broad range of key categories. This year’s finalists include:
- Best Tea Health Advocate: Immortalitea Teas, Jane Pettigrew, Babette Donaldson, Jason McDonald, Tea Association of the USA
- Best Tea Marketing: Harney & Sons, Tealet, Teforia, Teavana, Bigelow Tea
- Best Tea Industry Innovation: Wize Monkey Tea, Tealet, #Drink Tea Campaign, Tea and All Its Splendor, Teforia Tea Maker
- Best Retail Tea Shop or Chain: Chado Tea Room, Harney & Sons, Teavana, Camellia Sinensis, American Tea Room
- Best Tea Accessory, Technology: Bonavita Gooseneck Kettle, Libre Tea Thermos, The Tea Spot Steeping Mug, Espro Inc P5 Glass Press, Teforia Infuser by Teforia
- Best Tea Community, Social Initiative: Plum Deluxe, Tea and Scandal, #Drink Tea Campaign, Tea Bloggers Round Table, El Club del Té
- Best Tea Publication: The Art and Craft of Tea by Joseph Uhl, Tea Journey Magazine, The Tea Book by Linda Gaylard, The Tea House Times, Tea Time Magazine
- Best Social Media Reach: The Tea House Times, Tea for Me Please, T Ching, Tealet, El Club del Té
- Best Tea Industry Website: Teforia, Tea Time Magazine, Camellia Sinensis, The Tea House Times
- Best Tea Brand: Joseph Wesely’s Tea, SerendipiTea, Teforia, Harney & Sons, Table Rock Tea
- Best Tea Blog: The Cup of Life, Tea and Scandal, Plum Deluxe, Just a Five O’Clock Tea, T Ching
- Best Tea Educator: James Norwood Pratt, Raelene Gannon, Shabnam Weber, Gail Gastelu, Victoria Bisogno
- The John Harney Lifetime Achievement Award: This award is a community celebration in honor of the tea pioneers who helped fuel the market and shape the tea industry of today. The recipient of the 2016 honor will be revealed during the World Tea Awards, June 15, 5:30–8 p.m.
Best New Product Awards – The Finalists
Each year, World Tea Expo also reviews and selects the very best new tea and related products from among the many exhibitors. This year’s finalists include:
- Brewing Gear: ESPRO’s Glass ESPRO Press P5; Aerista/Keyway Innovations’ Qi Aerista Tea Maker Brew; Teforia Company’s Teforia
- Innovation: Cupco Trading Inc.’s Tea Aroma Diffuser; Qi Aerista/Keyway Innovations’ Qi Aerista Tea Maker; Scentone’s Tea Aroma Kit T100; Teforia Company’s Teforia
- Open Class: Tea Bureau’s Tea News Bureau; TeaTime Magazine’s Tea & Scones (Updated & Expanded Edition); #DrinkTea Campaign; The Tea House Times’ New Look (Redesigned)
- Tea as an Ingredient: Changsha Wufeng Tea Co. Ltd.’s Old Tree Black Tea; Hunan Gaomaerxi Tea Industry Co. Ltd.’s LIUCIZHI.flower brick tea; Hunan Tea Group Company Limited’s Yellow Mu Dan; Rebirth, Inc.’s Nodoka; SWM International’s Tea Facial Mask by LeafLAB; ITO EN’s Match Love
- Tea Ware Accessories: Beijing Zhenluhao Tea Co. Ltd.’s Celadon-glazed (Dongqing-Glazed) Lantern Jar; Boreal Wildcraft Tea Company’s The Wall Tea Cup; FORLIFE’s Dew Teapot with Basket Infuser
In addition to the awards, expo and conference program, World Tea Expo highlights Include: The North American Tea Championship (NATC) Winners Tasting Circle; World Origin Tasting Tour; Tea Business Boot Camp; and World Tea Academy LIVE!.
World Tea Expo 2016 Sponsors include: AIYA America and International Tea Importers (Platinum Sponsors); Dethlefsen & Balk, DMH Ingredient, Inc., East Indies Coffee & Tea, Florapharm Tea USA, Haelssen & Lyon North America Corp., Rooibos Limited, and Teforia (Gold Sponsors); Finum (Lanyard Sponsor); Wilber Curtis (Official Equipment Provider); GCW (Water Sponsor); ITO EN (Iced Tea Break Sponsor); The Tea Spot (Yoga Sponsor); and T-sac/Aqua Select USA Ltd. (Napkin Sponsor).
To register for World Tea Expo today, or for additional information, visit WorldTeaExpo.com. And be sure to follow World Tea Expo on Twitter: @worldteamedia (#WorldTeaExpo or #WTE16).
Also of Note: Download the free white paper from World Tea Expo – “Advancing the Business of Tea: How Key Vertical Markets Can Profit Through Tea” – which features numerous presenters from the upcoming event. Visit worldteaexpo.com/whitepaper.