World Tea Academy, an online institution that provides tea education ranging from terroir characteristics to brewing techniques, has an opening for an Assistant Education Manager.
World Tea Academy Director Lisa Boalt Richardson is looking for someone who has five years of tea education experience, as well as experience teaching tea-related classes. The ability to work with students and answer their questions is essential. Experience with marketing and writing combined with some technical savvy are also favorable.
“World Tea Academy is looking forward to a bright future and we’re excited about what the new person will bring,” said Boalt Richardson. “The new hire will bring a fresh perspective and renewed energy. Their vitality and background will enhance the academy even more.”
This position is remote and offers vacation time and a 401K.
A comprehensive job description is below. Apply here.
Job Title: Assistant Online Education Manager, World Tea Academy
Department: World Tea, a division of Informa Markets
Location: Work remotely
Reports To: WTA Online Education Manager/WTA Director (Lisa Boalt Richardson)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This permanent part-time position provides support and back up in all areas of operation to the online education director at World Tea Academy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All duties relevant to the daily administration of World Tea Academy and its monthly classes, including but not limited to:
1. Act as instructor for all classes
2. Respond to students participating in past, present and future classes as needed.
3. Maintain all aspects of the World Tea Academy website for past, present and upcoming classes, including calendar intervals for registration and class opening and closing, updating website and monitoring social media as needed
4. Assist in Inventory Management
5. Participate in weekly World Tea Academy conference calls
1. To cover all responsibilities when the WTA director is out of the office for PTO or other travel.
2. Attend World Tea Brand meetings, World Tea Expo and travel to represent WTA at tea events as needed.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Laptop computer
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Windows, DaVinci, Excel, Facebook
- Separate Screen
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university.
2. Five years plus experience in the tea industry specifically including use of the professional tea cupping protocol to evaluate teas.
3. Tea education experience.
4. Experience with various social media platforms a plus.
5. Published articles or books in the tea industry a plus.
6. Experience in marketing a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must
- Computer skills with basic word processing, excel and website hosting platforms
- Team player
- Ability to get the job done, result oriented