The World Tea Expo has captivating new offerings that will enrich people in every stage of their tea industry exposure. “We have incorporated all facets of and roles in the tea industry,” said Conference Manager FaithAnn Bailes. “Beginners and long-timers will all benefit.”
“We have brought in speakers who are the best in their fields and will offer hands-on skill building workshops,” added Bailes.
- Tea Business Boot Camp Advanced Workshop is offered for the first time to complement the Tea Business Boot Camp Beginner Workshop and take a deep dive into the business of tea. It Includes a 15-minute mentoring session between each attendee and an experienced tea professional. This workshop is the best way to take a business plan or existing business to the next level.
- Origins Tasting Tour Workshop now offers the chances to win free trips to three tea producing countries: India, Korea and Nepal. Three drawings will be held to select one winner for each country.
- What Your Financial Statements are Telling You is a new session that delves into the financial side of a tea business, covering income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements—essential knowledge for any entrepreneur.
- Growth Opportunities for Tea & Food Service sessions are now offered to educate restauranteurs on creative ways to incorporate quality tea into their menus and sommelier programs. The new sessions are:
- Presenting Tea Like Wine: For Restaurants and their Customers
- Training for Tea: How to Build Partnerships with Sommeliers and Restaurants—Super Panel
- Tea by the Numbers – How Tea Can Be a Restaurant’s Highest Profit Center
- How to Craft a Tea Cocktail Program
- Three Tiers for Tea: Elevating and Incorporating Tea in Your Establishment
- 2019 World Tea Music Festival (World Tea Expo After-party) will be a fun way for attendees to network with the tea community while partaking of the menus of prominent tea-supporting Las Vegas-based chefs.
The World Tea Expo was founded in 2003 by FaithAnn Bailes, Steven Taylor and George Jage. Initially named the Take Me 2 Tea Expo, it was the first trade show exclusively focused on the tea industry with the purpose of uniting the tea world while providing education. Each year, the expo’s team of conference producers, including an Education Committee made up of experienced tea industry professionals, strives to enhance the offerings to give attendees an increasingly in-depth and well-rounded experience.
“It has been a labor of love,” said Bailes. “I do hope everyone enjoys the additions to the conference.”